UPDATE for Tuesday, Jan. 27: All classes/activities cancelled today thru 4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 28. Click for details.
Rhode Island College Health Services provides confidential, primary care services to all students attending the College. Students are treated with a holistic approach emphasizing prevention, risk reduction and education to assist in making life-long healthy choices.
Visits are available on an appointment basis. Acute care or illness visits are generally scheduled for the same day. There is no charge for services provided by Health Services staff although you or your insurance company may be billed for outside lab, X-ray or specialty services.
Available Services include:
- Physical Exams (including sports, annual, and pre-employment exams)
- Management of acute illnesses and injuries
- Women's Health Care including:
- GYN exams and pap smears
- Birth control
- Pregnancy testing
- Lab services including on-site blood tests, throat cultures, urine tests and STD (sexually transmitted disease) screening for both males and females
- Mental health referral and collaboration with RIC Counseling Center
- PPD skin testing for student teachers and nursing students
- Referral and coordination with specialty medical resources
- Smoking cessation services
All visits and conversations with the staff of Health Services are considered strictly confidential unless you have specifically given your consent in writing for us to share information. Parents, faculty and other College staff do not have access to your medical information.
There are a few limited exceptions:
- Certain communicable diseases must be reported to the Rhode Island Department of Health.
- If, in our judgment, you are at risk of harming yourself or others.
- If current child or elder abuse is involved.
- If a court of law orders that information be released.