Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
All full-time students and all international students are required to meet immunization requirements mandated by the Rhode Island Department of Health. A completed Immunization Record, signed by a health care provider, must be returned to Health Services before the start of classes . Students living on campus, participating in the athletic program, or enrolled in the Nursing program are also required to have a physical examination on file in Health Services.
Rhode Island state law requires that all full-time students, graduate and undergraduate, provide documentation of:
- 1 Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis)
- 2 MMR's (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations
- 2 Varicella vaccinations or proof of Chicken Pox disease
- Meningitis vaccine - required for full-time students living on campus under the age of 22; booster required if first dose was given before age 16.
Proof of immunizations may be obtained from your health care provider, high school, previous college or university, and/or military record. Proof of immunity may also be obtained from blood titers.
IMPORTANT: You will be unable to register for second semester classes if Health Services does not receive your immunization record.
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
Tuberculosis screening is also required for all full time-students; a
Admission and Pre-Participation Physical
A medical examination (physical or PE) is required for the following students:
- Athletes - prior to participation in a sport
- Nursing Majors - prior to participation in clinical aspect of program
- Residential Students - all students living in Residence Halls
Health Services provides medical clearance for all athletes. To be eligible for participation, students must provide all required immunization information and a current medical exam (physical or PE) by your provider - within one year of admission. Medical exams must be updated yearly for continued eligibility. Athletes may have subsequent exams done in Health Services after initial exam by primary provider. Proof of insurance is required to participate in the athletic program.
Prior to the start of clinical rotations, nursing majors must provide additional health information. The following form lists state mandated requirements; Health Services will assist students in meeting these requirements: