Green Dependence Scholarship Program
The National Grid Foundation’s (NGF) Green Dependence Scholars program encourages students of color to pursue green careers by offering them the opportunity to compete for a college scholarship. Rhode Island College has been selected as a Green Dependence partner and funding to offer a $10,000 scholarship to a RIC sophomore interested in green/sustainability issues. Students from any major may apply.
Eligibility and Award Selection
- Full-time undergraduate student with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA. Student must maintain full-time status and minimum GPA each year.
- Entering sophomore year in the fall of 2012
- Demonstrated financial need
- Essay: Maximum 500 words describing the student’s interest in green/sustainability issues and how this scholarship will help him/her achieve their personal and educational goals. As an alternative, students may submit a short video describing their interests in green/sustainability issues.
- In keeping with the National Grid Foundation goals, preference will be given to students of color
- Students in any major are welcome to apply.