The Unity Center
February is African American History Month
The Association of the Study of African American Life and History
The Unity Center is the Rhode Island College multicultural center. Its mission is to promote the accessibility of educational services and the opportunity for excellence to all students through collaborative programming among its student affiliates, faculty, staff and the wider community. The Center further seeks to enhance cultural awareness by providing a safe forum for exploring issues pertaining to diversity, equity and inclusion and to assist students in becoming informed, productive citizens of the world.
- Engage students in meaningful dialogue about their academic, social and personal experiences
- Challenge the stereotypes of racism, sexism, homophobia, classism and other forms of oppression
- Provide support services for students in underrepresented and/or protected classes.
- Plan & develop multicultural programming for the campus community
- Assist student organizations in multicultural programming
- Foster responsible citizenry through community service and service learning
- Promote students' global awareness by responding to current events.
Hours during the academic year:
|Monday||8:30 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:30 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:30 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:30 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Friday||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|