Frequently Asked Questions

RI College Student Mailbox Information

Who should get a RI College student mailbox?

Both residential and commuter students are eligible to reserve a FREE student mailbox on campus for the time during which they are enrolled students at RI College.

How do I get a student mailbox?

You can visit the Student Union Welcome and Information Center on the second floor (main lobby). Additionally, you can visit the Student Union Department, Student Union #408, M-F, 8:30am – 4:30pm and schedule an appointment with Assistant Director, Operations and Services, Mark M. Paolucci – or call him at 401-456-8035. Interested students have to fill out a mailbox card and are then assigned a mailbox and corresponding unit #.

Once I receive a mailbox, what would my mailing address be?

Your Name
Rhode Island College
Unit #______
600 Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
To insure prompt delivery, be sure to have sender include the word "unit" (not P.O. Box) and include the mailbox #.

What happens if the sender addresses it to a "P.O. Box" instead of unit #?

The mail will be sent to the US Post Office in Providence instead of RI College – and then returned to sender. Also, make sure that mail-order companies who are sending packages include the whole unit # on mailing label so that it is not sent back to them.

What happens if somebody sends me mail to RI College and I have not reserved a student mailbox?

If there is no mailbox registered in your name, your mail will not be sent to your residence hall and will be returned to sender.

How do I change my address with the US Postal Service if I want all of my mail from home forwarded to my RIC mailbox?

If there is no mailbox registered in your name, your mail will not be sent to your residence hall and will be returned to sender.

How do I change my address with RI College?

Go to your MyRIC account and select:

  • Self Service
  • Campus Personal Information
  • Address
  • Add New Address

What form of ID would I need to pick up my package?

You can use your RI College student ID card or your license.

What if I do not receive mail that I am expecting?

Contact Mark M. Paolucci at 401-456-8045 or email him at

What do I do if I lose my mailbox key?

Contact Mark Paolucci, Assistant Director, Operations and Services by calling 401-456-8035, for replacement arrangements. Please note that you may be charged a $10 fee.

What do I do when I move out of the residence halls and do not plan on returning the next semester?

You can drop the key off at the Student Union Welcome and Information Center or the Student Union Department (Room 408) during any of their posted hours.

What if I forget to return the key?

You can mail your key to:

Mark M. Paolucci
Rhode Island College
Student Union 408
Providence, RI 02908

Is there an outgoing US Postal Mailbox on campus?

Yes. There are two locations; one is located on east campus between the Recreation Center/Forman Center and the other between Nazarian Center/Art Center.

Where can I purchase US Postage stamps on campus?

The RIC Bookstore and Convenience Store located in the Student Union.

Where are the closest US Post Offices located?

351 Smith St.
Providence, RI
(401) 232-7634

2050 Smith St.
North Providence, RI
(401) 232-7634

24 Corliss St.
Providence, RI
(401) 276-6812

What other postal-related resources should I be aware of?

The US Postal Service web site can be found at

Who do I contact if I have any other questions?

Mark M. Paolucci
Student Union 408

Back to top

Page last updated: Friday, August 12, 2016