All Faculty and Staff Email is now in Office 365. Do you need assistance?
|Horace Mann Hall (HM) 053|
- Ph.D. in Education (Curriculum and Instruction), Boston College
- M.A.T. in Education (Elementary and Special Education), Rhode Island College
- B.A. (Psychology), Boston College
Courses TaughtSPED 312 Assessment Procedures for Children and Youth with Disabilities
SPED 390 Independent Study: Honors Project
SPED 412 Assessment, Curriculum, and Methodology for Children with Mild/Moderate Disabilities at the Elementary and Middle School Levels
SPED 419 Student Teaching Elem/Mid School
SPED 501 Advanced Assessment of Children and Youth with Mild/Moderate Learning and Behavior Problems
SPED 518 Reading Instruction for Students with Disabilities
SPED 662 Internship Elem/Mid School-Mild/Moderate
- Response to Intervention
- Evidence Based Interventions in Reading and Mathematics
- Mentoring/Induction Programs
- Family School Partnerships in Special Education
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certified Teacher, Early Childhood through Young Adulthood/Exceptional Needs Specialist (2003-2013; Renewed 2013-2023)
- Rhode Island Professional Administrator of Curriculum and Instruction
- Rhode Island Professional Administer of Special Education
- Rhode Island Professional Teacher of Elementary Grades, 1-6
- Rhode Island Professional Special Educator, Mild to Moderate, Elem/Mid Level
Recent Scholarly ActivityLynch, M., Capalbo, L., Castagno, K., McDermott-Fasy, C. & Owen, L. (2013, November). Crossing boundaries: Integrating elementary and special education preparation and practice. Conversation Session presented at the annual meeting of the Teacher Education Division of the Council for Exceptional Children, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
McDermott-Fasy, C. (2013, November). Creating space in teacher education for candidates to apply key procedures. Interactive Paper Session presented at the annual meeting of the Teacher Education Division of the Council for Exceptional Children, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
McDermott-Fasy, C. & Lyons, J. (2013, May). Response to Intervention: Creating space in teacher preparation programs for teacher candidates to apply key principles and procedures. Paper presented at the Third Annual FSEHD Conference, Providence, RI
Bucka, N., Eagle, J., Dowd-Eagle, S., Hauerwas, L., McDermott-Fasy, C., Stoner, G., & Walden-Doppke, M. (2012, May). Building an integrated Response to Intervention for Rhode Island schools: A Panel Discussion. Presented at the Paul V. Sherlock Center on Disabilities’ RI Statewide PBIS Symposium, Providence, RI.
Dowd-Eagle, S. & McDermott-Fasy, C. (2011-2012). Data-based decision making within a response to intervention framework. Part 3 in a series of three regional trainings via the Rhode Island Department of Education, Barrington, RI.
McDermott-Fasy, C. (2011, April). 50/50, nothing you can do about it: A narrative on teacher effectiveness. Paper accepted and submitted to the 2011 annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association. Retrieved December 1, 2013, from the AERA Online Paper Repository.
McDermott-Fasy, C. (2011, April). Mentoring/Induction programs: One state’s landscape. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Council for Exceptional Children, National Harbor, MD.
McDermott-Fasy, C. (2010, April). Family school-partnerships in special education: A narrative study of parental experiences. Paper accepted and submitted to the 2010 annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association. Retrieved December 1, 2013, from the AERA Online Paper Repository.