NOTICE : Beginning Sept. 15, members of RIC Community must have valid parking permits. Click for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in an elementary or middle school under the supervision of a cooperating teacher and college supervisor. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
8-10 credit hours
- approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio
- completion of the community service requirement
- satisfactory completion of the admission and retention requirements for the special education and the elementary or secondary education programs
- a cumulative GPA of 2.50 a full semester prior to student teaching
- M.A.T. candidates must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 a full semester prior to student teaching
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II
- a negative result from the required tuberculin test