- The School of Management has initiated faculty searches for the following two positions:
- Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems
- Assistant (or Associate) Professor of Marketing
- Last fall, Assistant Professor Lisa Bain was the first faculty member to present an assessment plan to the Academic and Student Affairs Committee of the Board of Governors for Higher Education. Her presentation represented the work of faculty in the Accounting and CIS department. The plan was granted Category 1 status, completing a full cycle and set the bar for the three higher ed institutions reporting to the committee. Following a second round of data collection and analysis, Lisa and Chair David Filipek shared their report and process with the campus community on November 17th.
- Drs. Blanchette, Kazemi, and President Carriuolo were participants in the Governor’s Economic Forum, held November 6th at the Convention Center.
- The Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accounting event, hosted by the School of Management and facilitated by Professor Przybyla, was also held on November 5. The event drew a very large audience and was treated to presentations by representatives from public accounting, industry, and government. In addition to networking opportunities, the organization also announced opportunities for scholarships and internships in accounting. Interested students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Panel Discussion on the Turmoil in the U.S. and World Financial Markets, hosted by the Economics and Finance Department, conducted by Professors Aydogdu, Kazemi, Marks, and Skaradzinski, and moderated by Professor Blais, was held on November 5. It was very successful and extremely well received.
- Dr. Debra Skaradzinski appeared on WJAR’s Sunrise Business Report, on November 5th, where she discussed the current financial crisis with host Frank Coletta.