Skip Repetitive Navigation Links
Congratulations to marketing instructor Deana (Jelovac) Tineo and husband Hansel, who became the proud first-time parents of Isabela Milia on Friday, December 19th. All are doing wonderfully.
- The first meeting of the newly formed Advisory Board for the School of Management held its inaugural meeting on January 13th. The Board members, chaired by Herb Cummings, retired vice-chairman of Citizens Financial Group were joined by the President, Vice President and department chairs. After opening remarks by President Carriuolo, the Board discussed its upcoming goals and formed three committees: Curriculum and Programs, Student and Faculty Development, and Funding and External Relations. The Board will convene again in May. More information about the Advisory Board for the School of Management can be found at http://www.ric.edu/som/advise.php.
Steve Ramocki and Abbas Kazemi presented “Marketing and Finance Students Transferring Their Knowledge” to a modest but enthusiastic audience for the 13th Annual Faculty Development Workshop, held January 14th.
- At the beginning of Spring Semester meeting of the SOM on January 28th a proposal for modification of the school’s internship program was presented. Committee reports regarding progress towards forming an SOM Alumni Organization, outcomes assessment, and faculty development activities were also presented, and the formation of a n outreach activities committee was announced.
- The School of Management’s SharePoint intranet has been activated. This is the first school intranet at RIC, and it will be very useful in facilitating communication, enhancing productivity, and archiving documents.
- Vice President Ron Pitt announced to an assembly of SOM faculty on February 17th that the administration will support the SOM’s application for AACSB international accreditation. The revised pre-application is planned for submission by the end of the spring term or in the summer.
- Also on February 17th, Dave Blanchette represented the SOM on President Carriuolo’s Town Hall webcast in discussing the school’s internship program, portfolio management finance seminar, and the school’s advising goals and process.
- Congratulations to management professor Jim McGuire, the proud new grandfather of Chelsea. Let the spoiling begin.
- Congratulations and thanks to Lisa Church for her work in getting the Certificate in Graduate Study Financial Planning recertified by the CFP Board.
- Congratulations to Jane Przybyla and Jeanne Haser-LaFond for their stunning victories in the Union elections. No candidate for any post received more votes than Jane, our new Union Treasurer, and plucky underdog Jeanne swept into office as an Executive Committee member.
- Michael Lapke (Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University), Assistant Professor and Undergraduate Program Chair of CIS at the Florida Institute of Technology, has accepted our offer to join the CIS faculty in the Department of Accounting and Computer Information Systems in the fall. Dr. Lapke will be a great addition to the School of Management and we eagerly anticipate his arrival.