Paul V. Sherlock Center on Disabilities
Text only site
We are proud to say that all of our pages are ADA/Bobby & W3C Approved..
Rhode Island State Personnel Development Grant
The purpose of the State Personnel Development Grant is to assist the RI Department of Education and its partners to reform and improve early intervention, educational, and transitional services systems to improve results for children with disabilities. The five-year grant is awarded by the United States Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP). View Grant Narrative 238 Kb (PDF)
Partners Group / Advisory Committee:
Partners Group includes representation from ARIASE; RIASP; three colleges (RI College, the University of Rhode Island, Providence College); two parent organizations (RIPIN, Parent Support Network); three school districts; three state agencies (Children, Youth, Families; Health; Human Services - Part C and Rehabilitation Services); and the State Special Education Advisory Committee. The Partners Group meets quarterly.
Project Management Team:
David Sienko, RIDE
Paulajo Gaines, Director, RIDE Office of Educator Quality
Barrie Grossi, RIDE, Personnel Development
Michelle Palermo, RIDE, Early Childhood
Tony Antosh, Director, Sherlock Center
Jonathan Dyson, Project Coordinator
1. To redefine the role of secondary special educators and to increase the number of highly qualified secondary special educators who are practicing in Rhode Island schools,
2. To create a professional development system based on the Rhode Island Early Learning Standards
3. To decrease the number of behavioral incidents and suspensions and through implementation of a statewide system of School Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (SWPBIS).
4. To increase the number of highly qualified leadership personnel.
5. To increase the number of highly qualified new teachers who begin their careers adequately prepared to provide effective instruction to students with disabilities.
Quick Links | Resource Library |
| Adapted Literature/Lessons | Publications |
Training & Events | Workshops & Courses | Inclusion Institutes | Conferences | Traineeship/Fellowship Opportunities | Employer Honor Roll | Cancellation Policy
For Individuals & Families Family to Family of RI Directory | RI Employment Service Agencies | Self-Directed Supports for Adults with DD
For Educators UDL Curriculum Units | Web Resources By Topic
For Providers RI Outcome Surveys
About Us | AAA Mini Grants | Disability Links |
Projects & Services |
Community Supports Navigator Program | Early Childhood | Early Intervention |
Educational Advocates Program |
Employment Supports | EnVision Work | RI Services to Children and Youth with Dual Sensory Impairments |
RI Vision Education & Services Program |
Rhode Island State Personnel Development Grant |
School Wide PBIS | Sherlock Sentinels |
Supported Parenting | Teacher Recruitment
Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
Partners | AUCD |
RI Developmental Disabilities Network |
Contact Us | Staff Directory | Directions |
Rhode Island College | ©2013
Sherlock Center on Disabilities