• RI Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (RIASCD)
• RI Department of Health
• RI Executive Office of Health & Human Services
• RI Department of Education
• Feinstein School of Education and Human Development
• RI College School of Nursing
• RIC Committee on College Lectures
• Office of the President
• Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs
Student Scholarships Available for Conference: Email Carol Cummings at email@example.com
CEUs will be available for Social Work and a Certificate of participation for all other participants.
Online Registration closed
Onsite Registration Will Be Available:
$15 Students / $20 General Admission
Rhode Island College Dialogue on Diversity Committee Presents
19th Annual Multicultural Conference
“A Strength-Based Approach To Foster Resiliency In All Communities.”
November 5, 2016
7:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Donovan Dining Center
Dr. Robert Brooks
"The Power of Mindsets:
Strategies to Nurture Resilience"
“Dr. Robert Brooks is a clinical psychologist and one of today’s leading speakers and authors on the theme of resilience. He has presented nationally and internationally to educators, mental health professionals and business people. He offers realistic, practical strategies for nurturing intrinsic motivation, learning, and resilience.”
To learn more about Dr. Brooks visit: http://www.drrobertbrooks.com/
Conference Purpose: The focus will be on a strength-based approach to fostering resiliency for individuals and all communities. Best practices, emerging ideas, and current research will be explored to connect and create various means for developing, nurturing & sustaining skills leading to achieving a resilient future.
Conference Objectives – Participants will be able to:
- Define the role resiliency represents in achieving success for youth, students, marginalized group, individuals, and communities.
- Participants will be able to apply knowledge, research, skills, and resources necessary for building on existing strengths, and integrating resiliency strategies into personal and community frameworks.
- Identify and explore best practices.
- Cultivate partnerships, strengthen existing ones, and develop networks to maximize resources aimed at realizing resiliency for individuals and all communities.
We hope to see you on November 5, 2016.
Reasonable accommodations for disabilities available upon request.