ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: If you can no longer log into RIC email, Blackboard or MyRIC, visit the Student Account Page.
Fall ApplicationStudents who anticipate enrolling in the beginning nursing courses, NURS 220 and NURS 222 for the fall semester need to submit a completed Application to Nursing Program: Enrollment Form by April 15th of the preceding spring semester.
Spring ApplicationStudents who anticipate enrolling in the beginning nursing courses, NURS 220 and NURS 222 for the spring semester need to submit a completed Application to the Nursing Program: Enrollment Form by October 15th of the preceding fall semester.
Admission Requirements for Application
- Submission of an Enrollment Form signed by the faculty advisor to the School of Nursing by October 15 or April 15 of the preceding semester.*
- Completion of the College Mathematics and Writing Requirements.**
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Completion of Biology 231, Chemistry 106, and Psychology 230, with a minimum grade of C and a minimum overall grade point average of 2.67 (B-) in these 3 courses.
* Students may apply to the Nursing Program no more than three times.
** Refer to the Rhode Island College Catalog 2009-2011. pp. 43-45 for descriptions of the Math Competency and Writing Requirements.
- Complete the Application to Nursing Program: Enrollment Form. Applications can be obtained in the School of Nursing, FLS 145.
- Basic students should attach a student copy of their current RIC transcript.
- Transfer students must attach transcripts with grades for all courses taken elsewhere - an official or legible student copy is acceptable.
- Second Degree Candidates must attach a copy of their Signed Plan of Study.
- Make an appointment to meet with your faculty advisor in the School of Nursing and obtain his or her signature with date of application prior to submitting the application to the School of Nursing.
- Submit the signed and completed application with attached transcripts, or learning plan for second degree candidates, to the administrative secretary, Carol Peck prior to the April 15th or October 15th deadline for applications.