|Fogarty Life Science (FLS) |
- BSN University of Rhode Island
- MS in Nursing, Boston College, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- PhD. University of Connecticut
Recent Publications2011 - Byrd, M. E., Costello, J., Blanchette, L., Gremel, K., Schwager, J. Shelton, C. & Thomas, P. (2011, October). Changes in political astuteness following an active learning experience in health policy for undergraduate nursing students. Poster presented at the American Association of Public Health 139th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
2010 - Thomas, P.A., Mullaney, J., Grossman-Garber, D., Some People Change Their Ways When They See the Light: Others When They Feel the Heat, Chapter in Maki. P.L. (2010) Coming to Terms with Student Outcomes Assessment. Stylus Publishing, LLC
2009 - An Effective Protocol for Promoting Discussion and Collaborative Problem Solving Resulting in Institutional Improvements, presentation at Integrating Classroom, Program and Institutional Assessment. (November 2009) Thomas. P., Leazes, F.NEEAN: Fall Forum 2009. Worcester, MA,
2009 - Costello, J., Blanchette, Byrd. M., Gremel, K, Shelton, C. and Thomas, P.A. Teaching Public Policy in Undergraduate Nursing Education: Highlights from a Decade of Public Policy Projects. 137th APHA Annual Meeting & Exposition Philadelphia, PA.
2007 - Gremel, K., Blanchette, Byrd, M. Costello, J. Schwager, J., Shelton, C. and Thomas, P. Evaluation of an active learning experience in health policy for baccalaureate nursing students.
Courses TaughtNursing 201 Introduction to Health Care Systems
Nursing 207 Bacalaureate Education for Nursing
Nursing 376 Contemporary Nursing Practices:Issues and Challenges
Nursing 502 Health Care Systems
Nursing 509 Professional Project Seminar
Areas of InterestCommunity and Public Health Nursing, the Registered Nurse Student, Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes, Non-traditional students, Health promotion and fitness.
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Thomas, P. & Rollins, J. (2006 November) Working with a consultant: Using a variety of human resources to develop program improvements. Paper presented at the New England Educational Assessment Network Fall Forum 2006 Assessment Conference. Worcester, MA.
- Byrd, M., Lindberg, R., Raymond, P., Costello, J., Schwager, J., Shelton, C., Thomas, P., Gremel,K., Jalbert, E., (2006, November) A collaborative learning experience to promote healthy homes. Paper presented at the meeting of the American Pubic Health Association, Boston, MA.
- Thomas, P. (2005). Teaching students to use an online index, Journal of Nursing Education 44 (12).576
- Thomas, P. and Wood, Carolyn (2005). Strategies for strengthening skills in the registered nurse student. Paper presented at the 25th Annual AHEA Conference: Building visions on a firm foundation: transformation in adult higher education: October, 2005.Boston, MA.