|Fogarty Life Science (FLS) 159|
- B.S.N. Boston College
- M.S.N. University of Pennsylvania
- Ph.D. in Nursing University of Rhode Island
Courses TaughtNURS 150 SON A.L.L.I.E.D.
NURS 262 Substance Abuse as a Global Issue (Connections)
NURS 340 Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (Theory and Clinical)
NURS 390H-391H Directed Study
NURS 375 Transition to Practice (Seminar)
Areas of InterestPsychiatric Mental Health Nursing, with particular focus on the child and adolescent population, as well as domestic violence prevention & intervention, eradicating stigma of mental illness and developing psychiatric mental health nursing simulation scenarios.
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Poster Presentation: “Integrating SBIRT into Health Professions Curriculum.” American Psychiatric Nurses Association Conference, Hartford, CT. October, 2016
- Poster Presentation: “An auditory hallucination simulation provided for nursing students.” New England American Psychiatric Nurses Association Conference, Portland, ME. April 2015
- Invited Speaking Presentation: “R.I.’s mental health system: Condition critical?” Publick Occurrences Forum, Rhode Island College/Providence Journal/Leadership Rhode Island, Providence, RI. November 2014
- Invited Speaking Presentation: “Trauma Informed Care: Moving toward a Public Health Approach to Violence and Abuse.” Massachusetts Nursing Association Region 2 Program, Sutton, MA. December 2013