Certificate in Nursing
The Nursing Care Management Certificate of Graduate Studies (CGS) has been designed to meet a rapidly emerging need in health care, that of preparing nurses for nurse care/case manager positions across health care settings. The certificate includes five courses (15 cr.) including:
- NURS 502 Health Care Systems
- NURS 503 Professional Role Development
- NURS 508 Public Health Science
- HED 507 Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- NURS 518 Nursing Care Management
Admission requirements are the same as for the MSN, with the exception that the Miller Analogies Test or the GRE are not required.
Students who successfully complete the certificate program may transfer to the Population/Public Health Nursing MSN option.