NOTICE : Roberts Hall Power Outage - Sunday, October 26, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Homecoming Fall Weekend – October 1 and 2
Homecoming 2010 offers plenty of fun and excitement for Rhode Island College alumni, students and their families, and friends of the college. Homecoming brochure
• Our Homecoming Family Concert with the RIC Chorus and Wind Ensemble, will feature more than 120 RIC music students. It will take place in the Nazarian Center’s Sapinsley Hall at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
• As usual, we’ll have our popular family barbecue – under the big tent! Homecoming activities include Arts & Crafts sales, Fruit Hill Farmers Market, Shinn used book sale including old RIC yearbooks, athletic events, kids’ activities, theatre, student showcase of music, Toe Jam Puppet Band and more!
• There will be fun on the mall with pumpkin painting, sand art, antique photos, the rock wall and bounce house.
• Special attractions this year include RIC’s own Mike Macaulay, an award-winning artist of street painting festivals, who will draw his original artwork design in chalk on our campus.
• Hayrides! A two-horse drawn wagon - with lots of hay – will trot you around campus.
• The Rhythm Room lights up the stage with its energy and the power of global percussion
• The always-popular comedy show returns on Friday night with Michael and Michael Have Issues in Sapinsley Hall.
• Cabaret for RIC Nursing takes place at the Hi-Hat in Providence on Friday evening. Live entertainment, food, an auction, cash bar and raffle.
• The 80th Anniversary of RIC Athletics & Hall of Fame Event takes place Saturday evening. The Recognition and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is followed by a reception.
• The 10th Annual Nursing Alumni Reunion Breakfast is in Fogarty Life Science on Saturday morning.
• Class of 1970 reunion “40 Years …Celebrate in Style” will be held at 1149 Restaurant in Seekonk, Mass on Friday evening.
Please note: This year, if it rains, all activities will take place in the Student Union and the auditorium in Gaige Hall.
Please register and pay online. Visit www.ric.edu and go to the Homecoming link.
Questions? Please call the Alumni Office at (401) 456-8086.