NOTICE : Beginning Sept. 15, members of RIC Community must have valid parking permits. Click for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in an elementary and secondary school under the supervision of cooperating teachers and a college supervisor. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
10 credit hours
- Satisfactory completion of all major, cognate, and professional courses required prior to student teaching
- Concurrent enrollment in HED 428
- A positive recommendation from the professor of each professional course
- Cumulative GPA of 2.50 a full semester prior to student teaching
- completion of the community service requirement
- approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio
- a negative result from the required tuberculin test
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II