Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
Summer Seminar for Hybrid Teaching and Learning
Going Hybrid? Teaching and Learning in the Online Environment
Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-12:30pm, with some asynchronous online work each day
Who: Full-time faculty members who have some experience with Blackboard and are interested in converting a face-to-face course into a hybrid (blended) learning environment; also, full-time faculty who would like to reflect on and rework an existing hybrid course.
Faculty Who are Accepted into This Program Will:
- Participate in a week-long workshop this summer,
- Offer a hybrid course in Fall 2014 or Spring 2015;
- Participate in follow-up meetings three times during the term when teaching the hybrid class to share successes and challenges;
- Participate in an FCTL-sponsored event and share successes and challenges with colleagues;
- Receive a professional development allowance of $tbd upon completion of all activities. This professional development allowance may be used for the purchase of technology to support teaching and learning.
Go to http://stg-www.ric.edu/CMSUploads/15/SSHTL2013Application.pdf