ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: Hours have been extended in OASIS and the Bursar and Records offices. Click for details.
Summer Seminar for Hybrid Teaching and Learning
Going Hybrid? Teaching and Learning in the Online Environment
Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-12:30pm, with some asynchronous online work each day
Who: Full-time faculty members who have some experience with Blackboard and are interested in converting a face-to-face course into a hybrid (blended) learning environment; also, full-time faculty who would like to reflect on and rework an existing hybrid course.
Faculty Who are Accepted into This Program Will:
- Participate in a week-long workshop this summer,
- Offer a hybrid course in Fall 2014 or Spring 2015;
- Participate in follow-up meetings three times during the term when teaching the hybrid class to share successes and challenges;
- Participate in an FCTL-sponsored event and share successes and challenges with colleagues;
- Receive a professional development allowance of $tbd upon completion of all activities. This professional development allowance may be used for the purchase of technology to support teaching and learning.
Go to http://stg-www.ric.edu/CMSUploads/15/SSHTL2013Application.pdf