NOTICE : Beginning Sept. 15, members of RIC Community must have valid parking permits. Click for details.
C.G.S. in Creative Writing
- A completed graduate application form accompanied by a fifty-dollar nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- A bachelor of arts degree in any field.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Intent, outlining your area of interest, background, writing history, and influences.
- A writing sample in your primary genre: 10-15 pages of poetry, or 15-20 pages of prose (literary fiction or literary nonfiction).
NOTE: Use the graduate application form, indicating C.G.S. as the degree. You do not need either recommendations or GRE scores to apply to the C.G.S. program. Admission to the C.G.S. program in creative writing does not imply admission to the English Master's program.
|Course No.||Course Title||Credits|
|ENGL 525||Topics in Genre||3|
|ENGL 591||Directed Reading||3|
|ENGL 581||Workshop in Creative Writing (*)||9|
|* This course is taken for four semesters, at least one of which is to be in a different genre|
Total Credit Hours