ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: Hours have been extended in OASIS and the Bursar and Records offices. Click for details.
C.G.S. in Creative Writing
- A completed graduate application form accompanied by a fifty-dollar nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- A bachelor of arts degree in any field.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Intent, outlining your area of interest, background, writing history, and influences.
- A writing sample in your primary genre: 10-15 pages of poetry, or 15-20 pages of prose (literary fiction or literary nonfiction).
NOTE: Use the graduate application form, indicating C.G.S. as the degree. You do not need either recommendations or GRE scores to apply to the C.G.S. program. Admission to the C.G.S. program in creative writing does not imply admission to the English Master's program.