NOTICE : Dec. 26 and Jan. 2 - Holiday office closures. Click for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in a middle or senior high school under the supervision of cooperating teachers and college supervisors. This is a full-semester assignment.
7 credit hours
- Concurrent enrollment in SED 522
- completion of all program requirements and all required education courses with a minimum grade of B- prior to student teaching
- satisfactory completion of all courses in the major prior to student teaching
- a recommendation from the practicum instructor
- graduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 a full semester prior to student teaching
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II
- approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio
- and a negative result from the required tuberculin test