NOTICE : Beginning Sept. 15, members of RIC Community must have valid parking permits. Click for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in a middle or senior high school under the supervision of a cooperating teacher and college supervisor. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
10 credit hours
- TECH 407 and 408, with a minimum grade of B- and positive recommendations from the instructors
- concurrent enrollment in TECH 422
- completion of all required education courses, with a minimum grade of B- (except CEP 315)
- completion of all content area courses, with a minimum GPA of 2.75
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 a full semester prior to student teaching
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II, approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio
- completion of the community service requirement
- a negative result from the required tuberculin test