Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
Counseling, Educational Leadership, and School Psychology Department Staff
M.Ed. in Educational Leadership
Admission to FSEHD Masters level programs is determined by the quality of the total application. Applicants must submit the following to the Associate Dean of Graduate Programs as a measure of their potential for success in graduate level studies.
- A completed application form accompanied by a fifty-dollar nonrefundable application fee. Forms may be obtained from the office of the academic dean responsible.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records. The dean's office will obtain any Rhode Island College transcripts.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of B (3.00 on a 4.00 scale) in all undergraduate course work. Applicants with undergraduate GPAs less than 3.00, may be admitted to degree candidacy upon the submission of other evidence of academic potential, for example, satisfactory performance in postbaccalaureate work, professional experience as evidenced by publications or letters of recommendation, and/or high scores on the standardized tests.
- Teaching certificate.
- Official standardized test scores (Graduate Record Examination or the Miller Analogies Test).
- Three candidate reference forms WITH 3 accompanying letters of recommendation.
- Professional goals essay.
- Performance-based evaluation.
- A current resume.
For students interested in certification as a school principal, a minimum of three years of documented teaching experience is required.
Click here to download application materials or call 456-8023 to receive one via mail.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Grades below a B are not considered to be of substantial graduate quality and are of limited application to degree work.
- A minimum grade of B- in LEAD 500 or 502. Students who receive a grade below a B- in either of these courses must consult with their advisor before registering for any subsequent course in the plan of study.
- A minimum grade of B in LEAD 504, 505, or 511. Students who receive a grade below a B in any of these courses must retake the course. Following retake of the course, a recommendation to continue from the student's advisor is also required.
- Failure to meet any one of the above requirements is sufficient cause for dismissal from the program.
Adams Library 114