HONORARY DEGREES COMMITTEE
A. Powers and Duties
The Committee shall:
1. Solicit and receive recommendations for honorary degrees.
2. Submit nominations to Council for approval.
3. In advance of any meeting called to discuss a nominee, the Chair shall send the list of nominees, with supporting documents, to the members of the Committee.
4. The Chair shall maintain a file of all nominees and documents supporting their nomination.
The Committee shall consist of seven members:
1. The President of the College, or designee, shall be Chair and serve, ex-officio, nonvoting.
2. Three faculty members, appointed by the Committee on Committees for staggered two-year terms.
3. The advisor to the senior class.
4. The Senior Class President.
5. One graduate student, appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs for a one-year term.