COMMITTEE ON FACULTY RESOURCES
A. Powers and Duties
The Committee shall:
- Develop clear evaluation criteria, based on a discussion with stakeholders
- Oversee faculty research and development funding without differentiating between “research” and “development”
- Create a simplified, standardized online application system that facilitates the writing, receiving, and evaluation of applications, as well as better coordination and accountability for use of the resources
- Establish proposal deadlines, a review process, and award procedure
- Review and reward faculty applications for funding.
- Four faculty members appointed by Rhode Island College Council (the Committee on Committees)
- Four faculty members appointed by the RIC/AFT President with consultation by the RIC/AFT Executive Committee.
- One faculty member, the Director of the Center for Research and Creative Activity, appointed by the VPAA, and
- Director of ORGA as an ex officio, non-voting member.