COMMITTEE ON COLLEGE LECTURES
A. Powers and Duties
The Committee shall:
1. Request an annual budget allocation to support College lectures; this budget shall be submitted to the Vice President for Academic Affairs not later than June 1.
2. Oversee the expenditure of funds for those lectures and events presented by departments and programs of the College under the auspices of the Committee.
3. Meet to review its expenditures no later than December 15 and April 15 so that the Committee may re-allocate any unexpended funds prior to the close of the fiscal year.
4. The Chair shall report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs on all disbursements.
1. The Committee shall consist of seven members:
a. Four faculty members, appointed by the Committee on Committees, to serve staggered two-year terms.
b. Two student members, appointed by Student Parliament, for one-year terms.
c. The Vice President for Academic Affairs, or the Vice President’s designee.
2. New faculty and student appointments shall be made no later than the end of May each year, with the term of office beginning September 1 of the next academic year.
3. The Chair of the Committee, who must be a faculty member, shall be elected each September by the Committee members.
COMPILER’S NOTES: Amended by Resolution 94-11 approved by the Council on 11/4/94, approved at referendum in November 1994, and approved by the President on 12/19/95.