A. Powers and Duties
1. The Committee shall, upon the request of Council or upon its own initiative, draft By-Laws to the Charter for consideration and review by Council.
2. The Committee shall regularly review existing By-Laws, recommend amendments as deemed necessary and appropriate, and ensure that policies promulgated by Council committees are consistent with the By-Laws and the Charter.
3. The Committee shall consult persons and Council committees who may have information relevant to the formulation and amendment of new and/or existing By-Laws.
4. The Committee shall, at the request of Council committees, assist in formulating amendments to existing By-Laws.
5. The Committee shall report on its activities to Council at least once a year in May.
The Committee shall consist of three members selected from among those who are eligible to be elected to Council, appointed by the Committee on Committees for staggered two year terms. The term of office shall coincide with the academic year. There is no restriction on reappointment.
The Committee shall elect a Chair from among its members at its first meeting of the year to serve a one-year term.
1. The Committee shall meet at least once each semester.
2. A majority of the members shall constitute a quorum.
COMPILER’S NOTES: Proposed as Resolution 96-2, this new article was approved by the Council on 2/9/96 and approved by the President on 3/8/96.