ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS POLICY
A. Powers and Duties
The Committee shall:
1. Formulate policy and recommend standards for the admission of freshmen and transfer students. Regulations for the admission of students who do not fall intothese categories are determined by other appropriate committees or offices of the College.
2. Aid and assist the Director of Admissions in the disposition of any matters brought before it by the Director.
3. Undertake an annual review of admission standards and procedures and submit a written report of findings to the President of the College and to Council.
4. Review and advise the Undergraduate Admissions Office on recruitment policies and programs.
The Committee shall consist of nine members:
1. Four faculty members, appointed by the Committee on Committees for staggered two-year terms.
2. One student appointed by the Committee on Committees after consultation with the President of Student Community Government, Inc., for a two-year term.
3. One academic administrator, appointed by the President of the College.
4. Two professional staff members, appointed by the Committee on Committees for staggered two-year terms.
5. The Director of Admissions, ex-officio, non-voting.
COMPILER’S NOTE: Articles XXIII A. and XXIII B. were amended by a vote of the Council on December 13, 2002 and approved by the President April 7, 2003 effective in 2003-2004.