How To File Complaints

The Campus Police Department expects a very high degree of professional conduct from all personnel, and officers frequently perform their duties in a manner exceeding the highest standards set by the department, having earned commendations for their services both on-campus and in the surrounding community. We encourage community members to take the time to write or call the department and ask for a supervisor. Offer your personal thoughts which will be conveyed to the Chief of Police and then, formally, to the officer themselves.

While we constantly strive to improve the quality of police services, we also recognize that all contacts with Campus Police may not be amiable. The department will accept and investigate all complaints of officer misconduct. Following a thorough examination of the available factual information, a finding is made that will either sustain the complaint, at which time corrective or disciplinary action will take place, or exonerate the officer involved.

Both commendations and complaints may be directed to either the Director/Chief of Police, the Asst. Director/Deputy Chief, or any Police Supervisor.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime at (401) 456-8201.

Page last updated: Wednesday, August 8, 2012