Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
Biology Program Goals
Upon completion of biology major, students are expected to possess:
- broad-based knowledge of the biological sciences, emphasizing cellular and molecular biology, genetics, organismal biology, ecology, evolution and population biology
- written and oral communication skills appropriate for presentation of biological information and development of a coherent scientific argument
- laboratory and analytical skills required for professional growth in employment and/or advanced graduate study, and
- the scientific literacy necessary to make informed judgments concerning issues of personal and public policy.
Clinical Laboratory Science Program Goals
Graduates of the Program will:
- Be proficient in performing the full range of clinical laboratory tests
- Be able to develop and evaluate test systems and interpretive algorithms
- Assume responsibilities in areas of analysis and clinical decision-making, regulatory compliance, education and quality assurance/performance improvement wherever laboratory testing is researched, developed or performed.
- Possess basic knowledge, skills and relevant experiences in communications, financial operations, information management and research design/practice to evaluate published studies