UPDATE for Tuesday, Jan. 27: All classes/activities cancelled today thru 4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 28. Click for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in an elementary and secondary school under the supervision of cooperating teachers and a college supervisor. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
10 credit hours
- cumulative GPA of 2.67 a full semester prior to student teaching
- approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio
- completion of community service requirement
- special departmental requirements
- concurrent enrollment in ARTE 464
- satisfactory completion of all major and professional courses required prior to student teaching
- negative result from the required tuberculin test
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II,