NOTICE : Parking validation stickers for RIC community available at Campus Police office. Click for details.
|Building 9 (SSW) 118|
|Professor||July 1981 to present|
|Ph.D., Rutgers University||January 1986|
|MSW, University of Michigan||December 1969|
|BA, City College of New York, History||June 1968|
Courses TaughtSWRK 302 Soc Work Pract&Evaluation
SWRK 436 Field Work
SWRK 437 Advanced Field Work
SWRK 446 Fall Extended Fieldwork
SWRK 447 Spring Extended Fieldwork
SWRK 463 Field Work Seminar
SWRK 464 Senior Seminar In Soc Work
SWRK 541 Social Work Research & Evaluation I
SWRK 600 Field Education & Seminar III
SWRK 642 Integrative Project
SWRK 680 Workshop
Currently Teachinghuman behavior in the social environment (macro) and research
Areas of Expertisecommunity practice, policy, research, program evaluation, civil liberties issues
Areas of InterestSocial Policy analysis and policy practice, action research and program evaluation, civil liberties and labor issues.
Present Service ActivitiesOutcomes Committee, United Way of RI; Produce and host monthly public access TV program; site visitor for accreditation of social work programs, CSWE, Executive Committee member and newsletter editor, RI College faculty union(AFT); National evaluator, "Can We Talk," National Education Association; Evaluator REACH Program, RI Energy Office.
- Weisman, D. (1999) Civil Liberties and Aging: Evolution and Devolution, Journal of Law and Social Work, 7(2), 77-104;
- Weisman, D. (1999); Approaches to Preventing Teenage Pregnancy: A Review of the Literature, R.I. Departments of Health, Education, Human Services, and Children, Youth and Families;
- Weisman, D. (1996). Double Jeopardy: Poverty and Civil Liberties Violations. Journal of Progressive Human Services, 7(1), 23-39;
- Klein, W., Weisman, D. and Smith, T. (1996). The Use of Adjunct Faculty: An Exploratory Study of Eight Social Work Programs. Journal of Social Work Education, 32(2), 253-263;
- Weisman, D. (1997). Does Religion and Spirituality Have a Significant Place in the Core HBSE Curriculum? No., Bloom, M. and Klein, W.C., Controversial Issues in Human Behavior in the Social Environment. Boston: Allyn and Bacon; Various presentations on civil liberties, labor and social work curricular issues at annual conferences of CSWE and the Baccalaureate Program Directors (BPD).