|Henry Barnard School (HBS) 162|
Master of Arts in Educational Counseling
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in School Psychology
Rhode Island College
NASP Accredited School Psychology Program
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Studies
University of Rhode Island
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Professional ExperienceAugust 2010-Present Guidance Counselor/School Psychologist
Henry Barnard School
- Chaired the Advocates for Children Team (ACT) and collaborated with teachers and the team to implement interventions for students with academic or behavioral needs
- Planned and executed on-going counseling programs with individual students
- Conducted several small group and whole class behavioral interventions utilizing the Second Step Violence Prevention Curriculum
- Facilitated age-appropriate presentations on bullying to students in grades K-5
- Consulted with teachers to implement interventions for academic, behavioral, and social concerns
- Conducted evaluations and reported results from cognitive, educational, and social/emotional assessments
- Co-advised the RIC/HBS Mentor program
- Collaborated with various RIC faculty to facilitate practicum for college students and support them in carrying out interventions with HBS students
- Collaborated with the CEP department to facilitate screenings and academic interventions.
- Collaborated with NEIT and supervised Occupational Therapy students who were working with us to create small group interventions for students in grades 3-5.
- Coordinated Kindergarten screening for the 2011/2012 school year and Fall 2010 and 2011 NECAP testing for grades three through five
- Organized the 6th grade open house to assist fifth grade parents in determining middle school options
- Arranged 5th grade transcripts and recommendations to middle school
- Communicated with parents to promote home-school collaboration.
- Corresponded with several RI private schools to foster school relationships and connections.
- Collaborated with School Nurse to facilitate puberty training for students in grades 4 and 5 and creating a new Health Curriculum.
September 2009-June 2010 School Psychology Intern
Rhode Island Training School
September 2008-June 2009 School Psychology Practicum Student
West Warwick Public School System, West Warwick, Rhode Island
Professional OrganizationsRhode Island School Psychology Association (RISPA)
National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
Research InterestsResponse to Intervention (RTI) in elementary schools
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
Executive Function disorders and disabilities
Anxiety in children