- Completion of 24 semester hours:
- This includes transfer credits – contact Admissions Office if you believe transfer credit has not been awarded
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75:
- Your admission cannot be approved without the appropriate Cumulative GPA from courses taken at RIC
- Completion of college math requirement:
- Meeting the RIC mathematics requirement also satisfies the FSEHD mathematics requirement. Applicants can fulfill this requirement in a number of ways:
- Earn a grade of S in MATH 010
- Mathematics test scores: earn a 480 or better on the SAT or a 20 or better on the ACT
- Math assessment exam (Accuplacer – go to the Mathematics Learning Center in Craig Lee 154). Visit OASIS to learn more.
- Students who receive transfer credit for a course(s) deemed equivalent to Mathematics 010 or 177 or higher will have met the College Mathematics Competency.
- Completion of the FSEHD writing requirement:
- Meeting the FSEHD writing requirement also satisfies the RIC Writing Requirement. Applicants can fulfill this requirement in a number of ways:
- Earn a grade of B or better in FYW 100 (WRTG 100) or an equivalent/transfer (as determined by RIC Admissions) course
- Earn a score of 59 or better on the College Composition College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Test
- Earn a score of 4 or 5 on the Advanced Placement (AP) Test for English Language and Composition
- Completion of the FSEHD basic skills test requirement
- Completion of FNED 346 with a grade of B – or better
- This minimum grade requirement applies whether taken at RIC or transferred in from another institution. If the transfer grade shows as a T on your RIC transcript you must contact the Admissions Office to have the letter grade posted to your RIC transfer credit report, or see Mrs. Grady with a copy of your transcript – HM 105.
- Submission of the FNED 346 Faculty Reference Form, instructors submit through People Soft.
- Submission of FNED Service Learning Supervisor Form or via this pdf form. If you have a hard copy bring it (in a sealed envelope signed across the seal by your supervisor) to Mrs. Grady in HM 105.
- Contact the appropriate FSEHD Department for additional admissions requirements.
- GPA of 2.75 (Contact the appropriate FSEHD Department for additional program specific GPA requirements)
- Test Scores as required by the FSEHD and the appropriate department
- Observation and Progress Report for use in practicum experience
- Teacher Candidate Mini Work Sample for use in practicum experience
- Community Service – to be completed with Student Teaching Application Documentation.
- Additional requirements vary by department
- Six Observation and Progress Reports (OPR); three by cooperating teacher, and three by College Supervisor. Enter data through Chalk and Wire.
- Teacher Candidate Work Sample. Use Chalk and Wire only to enter data.
- Teacher Candidate Exit Survey Enter Data
- Diverse Field Experiences Survey
- Exit Survey
- Additional program-specific requirements
- First year graduates survey
- Third year graduates survey
- Employers survey