Directions to Campus
Rhode Island College is located in the Mount Pleasant section of Providence, RI at 600 Mount Pleasant Avenue.
From Route 95 Northbound
Take Exit 21 (Broadway exit); turn left at second traffic light (Atwells Avenue). Follow Atwells Avenue for 1.5 miles to the intersection with Mount Pleasant Avenue. Turn right onto Mount Pleasant Avenue. The College entrance is 1.1 miles ahead on the left.
From Route 95 Southbound
Take Exit 21 (Atwells Avenue exit). Turn right onto Atwells Avenue. Continue on Atwells Avenue for 1.5 miles to the intersection with Mount Pleasant Avenue. Turn right onto Mount Pleasant Avenue. The College entrance is 1.1 miles ahead on the left.
From Route 295 Northbound
Take Exit 6A to US Route 6 East. Follow US Route 6 East to the Killingly Street (RI Route 128) exit. Turn left off exit and follow Killingly Street to end. Turn right onto Greenville Avenue and follow to first traffic light. Bear left across the bridge onto Manton Ave. Continue to the next traffic light and turn left onto Fruit Hill Avenue. Bear right at the fork in the road. Campus entrance is approximately 0.2 mile ahead on the right.
From Route 295 Southbound
Take Exit 7A to US Route 44 East. Follow US Route 44 East for 2.8 miles to the intersection with Fruit Hill Avenue. Bear right onto Fruit Hill Avenue. The College entrance is 1.0 mile ahead on the left.
From the State House
Follow US Route 44 West (Smith Street) for 2.3 miles. Turn sharp left onto Mount Pleasant Avenue. Follow Mount Pleasant Avenue for 0.4 mile. The College entrance is on the right.
For Those Using GPS Devices
The address of the college is 600 Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Providence, RI 02908. The college is located at 41° 50’ 33” north latitude and 71° 27’ 50” west longitude.
The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority operates bus service to the Rhode Island College campus. RIPTA has made some major changes in service to and from Rhode Island College. These changes go into effect on Saturday, August 24.
Changes to the current service to and from Rhode Island College
- 92 East Side / Federal Hill / RI College - Service has been redesigned, extending this trolley line to RI College via Atwells Ave. - Mt. Pleasant Ave. Service will operate every 20 minutes all day on weekday and every 30 minutes on Saturday & Sunday.
- 26 Atwells / RI College - The 26 Line will be discontinued and replaced with service on the 92 Trolley Line extended to RI College via Atwells Ave. - Mt. Pleasant Ave.
- 27 Broadway / Manton Line (Sunday Service)- Passengers traveling to or from RI College will now use the 92 Line, which will operate every 30 minutes all day.
- 55 Admiral / Providence College – Trips will no longer service RI College, but will terminate at Fatima Hospital.
- Service to and from the college is on ONE bus line, which will make service easier to understand.
- The 92 Trolley Line services Federal Hill along Atwells Avenue and continues through-city in downtown Providence, Kennedy Plaza. Trips continue via East Side Tunnel to Fox Point via Brook St. – Wickenden St., then to East Side Marketplace via Pitman St.
- Service will operate…
- Weekday – Every 20 minutes all day from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Every 30 minutes all day from 6:20 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday/Holiday – Every 30 minutes from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00pm.
Visit www.ripta.com for details.