Campus Advisory: Cold Weather Warning - Click here for details.
Looking for an Internship?Many RIC students know the value of pairing their education with hands-on experience in the form of internships. Some internships are linked to academic programs. Others are not. Some are paid. Others are not. Regardless, there is enormous value in pursing internship opportunities.
Use Destinations, your online job posting system, as a starting place to identify internship opportunities. Then expand your search by accessing other sites rich in internship listings.
More about Internships - A Primer
You will find that there are many opportunities at RIC that take place outside the classroom that contribute to your learning. Taking on an internship is one of the most popular and strategic ways by which you can further develop your skills and simultaneously enhance what you are learning through your courses. Not surprisingly, many students have questions about internships. Here are some of the questions most frequently asked.
- What is an internship?
- What will I do on an internship?
- What kind of internship should I do?
- How many hours a semester do I need to commit to an internship?
- When should I do an internship?
- How do I get an internship?
- How do I choose an internship site?
- How do I get credit for doing an internship?
- Can I do an internship even if I don't get credit?
- Are internships paid?
- I don't have time to do an internship unless I can get paid or get credit - what can I do?
- I have this great idea for an internship - can I do it?
- If I do an internship, will the company hire me full-time?
- How many internships can I do?
- What is a site supervisor?
- Who can advise me about internships?